So how did I get this way?
It all started when graduating from college I took a job in the electric power industry and loved it! (Yeah, in addition to being an energy heretic, I’m also an energy geek.) In fact, I enjoyed the field so much that I went back to school for a masters degree in Energy Management and Environmental Policy. During the course of my career, I’ve worked on:
- Power plant design.
- Integrated resource planning.
- Plant operational studies.
- Public sector strategic planning and budgeting.
- Database application development.
- Power price forecasting.
- Merchant plant development.
- Generation asset transactions.
- Energy purchases and sales (wholesale and retail).
- Transmission planning.
- Facility condition assessments and valuations (transmission and generation).
- Energy supply security studies.
- Government regulatory process.
- Electric reliability standards.
- Compliance audits and investigations.
That’s 22 years of professional experience. For more specifics, you can check out my LinkedIn profile.
You can also follow my live heresy through Twitter @EnergyHeretic.
At the moment, I’m building a freelance energy consulting practice. If you could benefit from consulting a heretic, please contact me directly.
– David A. Miller